Project Homes in Brisbane
Not all Project Home builders are the same. Certainly, there are many project home builders who are building hundreds of homes a year across Brisbane and South East Queensland and many people would not recognize their brands. They are just going about their business and getting it done. Some of them winning awards along the way.
At House Builders Brisbane we represent some of the leading Project Home Builders. Combined they have hundreds of house plans available and it is our job to help you find the right builder at the right price.
A quick summary on the two types of Project Homes:
- A. Turn Key Fixed Price Project Home. These are often advertised as House and
Land packages and the builder is more often than not the owner or the option holder of the block of land. They have chosen a block and worked with the developer to put a standard house plan with a standard inclusions package and then ensured that everything is in the price including driveways, floor coverings, landscaping/turf and fencing etc. This is the most certain and predictable way to purchase a new home from a builder but you are limited with choice. Everything is pretty much done.
- B. Customized Project Homes. I say customized because some project home builders are more flexible than others. Some allow a very basic level of options and changes and others will allows significant plan re-design to one of their standard plan.
These will generally be more expensive than your turn-key house and land packages because you have the land and they are going to build on your land to your site needs and your personal specifications. You will get some choice and as all project builders do you will have to choose from their suppliers as that is how they keep the costs down.
You don’t get unlimited flexibility, but you do get a one stop shop and some options. Prices vary greatly.
A few pointers with Project Homes:
- The Display Homes often have very high end and non-standard inclusions. Especially in the external materials and façade. These homes can often be Hundreds of Thousands more than the list price for the same “Standard Plan” design. In fact, to replicate some display homes you are really talking about the price of a Custom Designed and Built Home.
- If you are in discussions with a Project Home Builder find out everything about what is not included as well as what is included. Walk through the entire sales process. Pick through every option and put them to the test. List Prices for Project Homes have many “EXCLUSIONS” and you must work through the process to get to a final estimate which is when you will be asked for a deposit. The list price of a home is almost certainly not the home you are standing in when you visit a display home. These homes can be as much as 50% or more than the list price.
- Remember what I said about Turn Key Options. Most Project Homes do not come standard with many of the things you will need to move in, for instance; Driveways and Paths, Internal Floor Coverings, Flyscreens, Letter Boxes, Antennae’s, Outdoor Living Concrete and Tile flooring.
- Project Homes traditionally have very limited allowances for lighting and electrical. Many buyers end up paying thousands of dollars for extras.
House Builders Brisbane offer a service to anyone considering purchasing a Project Home in the Greater Brisbane Area. If we can help you find a better deal to suit your budget and your needs then we will do our best to do just that. And if you are getting a great deal on the Project Home, from the Home Builder of your choice then we promise to tell you and wish you well.
Our service is:
- Risk Free
- Obligation Free
- Focused on Saving Time, Saving Money and Stress Free
We will provide you with a complimentary assessment and if you would like to be introduced to one of our panel of builders then we would be happy to do so.
To contact please complete the form
Call us now.